Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My love of 3-4-3

So my first real post will be about the sport I talk about the most. Do not read if you have no interest in football/soccer. With the new found free time I had between the term ending and my coming travels I played a lot of FIFA. This included online which gets pretty brutal in higher divisions. After a while I started thinking a lot about formations. I have always been a proponent of 4 defenders because especially being English, playing in America, that is normal and what you are taught. In recent times though (especially watching Napoli this season) I have become a fan of the 3-4-3. This naturally led me to wonder, "Does anyone do this in lower level football/soccer?"

I played through high school (not on varsity due to a bit of politics) but in all my experience there was never even a questioning of the use of 4 defenders. It may be different in higher levels of youth play that I never encountered but I think it would be interesting to try out on a youth team regardless of level. Naturally, the fine details depend on the stamina and endurance of those wide mids and the exact formation of the top 3. This is one thing I think would be interesting to try out one day.


If anyone does have any feedback on this or other formations (like God forbid having 5 defenders) let me know.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment