Monday, July 23, 2012

Music Monday: + by Ed Sheeran

Hi readers,

I know I've been getting a crazy amount of traffic from my recent introduction to the larger realm of Chelsea blogs but I still want to figure out how best to appeal to the other readers. So I'm not sure yet how I will schedule it but I want to add more music to this blog. Right now, I may make it music Mondays. Since starting Spotify, I now am a lot more up to date on recent music so I think I will just throw suggestions of albums that I have found worth looking into and why. Hopeful this will be a feature that people come to like.

Today I would like to suggest + by Ed Sheeran. I really enjoyed this album. For one thing, the guy is obviously very talented but what I found more important is how he avoids cliche so well. After a couple listens, you feel like you know him personally. It is a well paced album with good lyrics. The tracks to watch for in my opinion are "Small Bump," "Wake Me Up," "A Team," and if you listen to the deluxe edition "Sunburn." Obviously, no album is for everyone but it is definitely worth a try.

Daniel

P.S. For anyone that is into anything with even a hint of R&B and good lyrics, "channel ORANGE" by Frank Ocean is a must listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment