Monday, July 30, 2012

Music Monday: Family by The Cast Of Cheers



Hello readers,

It is Monday and thus time for my new music suggestions for the week. After a few listens of several albums I decided that Family by The Cast Of Cheers would be my recommendations by being the newest. I will not even review Good Morning To The Night by Elton John vs Pnau because that is something that unless you clearly have a problem with Sir Elton you should give a listen. The whole album too. But back to TCOC, this album starts very nicely. I would describe them as up tempo Indie. Many aspects of their style remind me of Foals with the interweaving guitar, direct bass and drums and the sometimes shrieking vocals. The tracks to look for are "Family," "Animals," "Goose," and "Marco Sava." Check it out as an album though.

Honorable Mentions:
Good Morning To The Night by Elton John vs Pnau

 Just listen to it. It's good. It's well played. It's smooth. It's funky.

Gossamer by Passion Pit
I generally do not listen to Passion Pit but I did like this album. They've been out for a while. "Take A Walk" is a great opener with a great message. It is a great listen alone. Most of the songs are up beat but some are slower such as "Constant Conversations" and "Cry Like A Ghost." It really feels like a narrative and that you are getting to know the singer. The beats are very good too but you expect no less from Passion Pit.

MTMTMK by The Very Best

TVB is an electro-Afro-pop consisting of Malawian singer Esau Mwamwaya (who sings vocals in Chichewa, Swahili, Portuguese and English) and british DJ/production duo Radioclit (Johan Karlberg and Etienne Tron). They formed in 2008 but this album is the first I heard of them. The music from MKMKMT is a good for anyone that likes bounce in their music or is just a fan of Afro or Carribean influences in electronic music. The opening track "Adani" gives you a clear indicator of the direction of the album with loads of sound effects over a catchy beat. There are even a few guests such as K'Naan. The tracks "Adani," "Moto," "Come Alive," and "We OK"are good tracks to look at but the whole album is pretty even.

Weight & Glory by KB
http://jamthehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2331714-kb-weight-and-glory.jpg
Now I'm not a practicing Christian so lyrically it isn't really as relevant to me but this rapper KB is really impressive. If you are Christian or into strong Christian lyrics I highly recommended this album. His story is he basically moved around a lot, was involved in drugs and depressed until he was saved and introduced to Christian Rap. Some of the messages hit pretty hard such as in "Anomaly," "Mr. Pretender," and "Open Letter (Battlefield)." Not my cup of tea like I said but very respectable and why I still mention it.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday,
Daniel


No comments:

Post a Comment